Bicycle accessories improve your riding experience. However, there are so many options, you can easily feel overwhelmed when determining what to use when riding. Find out why bike accessories are so important, their applications and purposes, and some of the most essential ones your bicycle and you should have.
Importance of Bike Accessories
When riding a bicycle, safety is your first concern. This requires you to wear gear that keeps you safe and makes you visible to others on the road. This means you should invest in a good helmet and bright and fluorescent clothing.
Comfort is also an important factor. Bike pants, gloves, and comfortable seats are a must-have especially when you want to ride a long way. You should also consider convenience when choosing your bike accessories. Having a repair kit, inner tubes, and bike pump can prevent you from getting stuck miles from home or work when you have a flat tire.
Choosing the Right Bike Accessories
Bicycle accessories from rockbros and other sources serve different purposes. Explore the different reasons why you will need different items.
- Proper Grip: Riser bars allow you to sit taller and reduce strain. Using a wide handlebar grip can distribute force and improve comfort.
- Head to Toe Protection: You should choose a comfortable, sturdy, and safe helmet that provides an adjustable fit. It should provide proper ventilation and padding. The gloves should keep your hands safe and reduce vibration and sweating. You should also consider getting sturdy shoes to protect your feet.
- Clear Rear-View: Your bicycle will also need rear-view mirrors that provide a clear and unobstructed rear view.
- Comfort: There is no limit to how comfortable your ride can become. You can invest in better front forks and seat post suspensions. Then you can choose padded bike shorts, gel-padded saddles in the right size, and more.
- Security: It is also important to invest in a reliable and highly-effective bike lock to keep your bike secure.
- Repair Kits: Your basic repair kit must have a puncture kit, spare tube, tire levers, and tool kit. Your bike should also have a bike pump at all times.
- Hydration: All bikes should have a water bottle holder and a bottle. The more water bottles you can fit on your bike, the better it is.
- Storage: It is recommended to have saddle bags or panniers with brightly colored and reflective patches. Backpacks can often be uncomfortable when riding long distances.
- Lights: LED lights on the front and rear of your bike can make you more visible at night and improve your safety. You may also need headlights to illuminate the road, especially when you need to ride through sections of roads that are not properly illuminated.
There are many more types of bike accessories that can address different functions and purposes. This includes a rear wheel fender and reflector, cycling computer, chain lube, and more. The choice of the right accessories improves your experience as a rider and provides you with items that your bicycle alone doesn’t have.